- LL.M., Corporate Law & Finance, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- LL.M., Homeland & National Security, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- LL.M., Intellectual Property Law, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- J.D., Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, cum laude
- M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Michigan State University
- B.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Michigan State University
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of Michigan
BEJEIR (Bā-jir) BROOKS
Intellectual Property Attorney
Bejeir specializes in patent preparation and prosecution, patentability and clearance searches, and opinions. Prior to joining Burris Law, Bejeir co-founded and served as managing partner of a small intellectual property law firm.
With an extensive academic background including Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in materials science and engineering, and a J.D. (cum laude), and LL.M. degrees in Intellectual Property and Corporate Law & Finance, in addition to over a decade of experience as an engineer in the defense industry, Bejeir is well-positioned to assist his clients with patent applications in the fields of:
- high-energy physics
- ceramics, composites
- industrial processes
- manufacturing devices
- mechanical devices
- medical, metallurgy
- survivability systems
- thin films
Bejeir is licensed to practice in Michigan and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Prior to joining Burris Law, Bejeir served as the managing partner of a small intellectual property law firm in Rochester Hills, Michigan.
- Prior to practicing law, Bejeir spent over a decade as an engineer with General Dynamics Land Systems and the US government.